PowerCorps is recruiting young people from Camden City and the surrounding community to serve full-time in a six month AmeriCorps program to revitalize public land in the city. PowerCorps members work with city partners to tackle pressing environmental challenges. Projects aim to improve stormwater management, clean and green vacant lots, improve community space and parks for Camden's young people, and revitalize public land in the city.
PowerCorps Camden members receive the following benefits:
- Extensive training in water quality, storm water management, green infrastructure, and clean and green initiatives
- Life skills training
- A bi-weekly living allowance
- Health Insurance
- An Education Award payable to a lender or educational institution following successful completion of the term of service
- Forbearance on current student loans during the term of service
- Transition support following the service term to assist with post-secondary education, continuing national service, and/or securing meaningful work in career-related fields
Individuals must meet the following member requirements in order to serve as a PowerCorps Camden member:
- Resident of Camden City or surrounding communities
- High school diploma or a high school equivalency diploma (GED & HiSET)
- Age 18-26
- Commit to serve 35-40 hours per week for six months
- Be a citizen of the US, a US national, or a Lawful Permanent Resident Alien
Must passed certain background check requirements to be eligible.